Friday, 28 August 2015

RESOLVED: PowerSchool Integration

PowerSchool-integrated student extractions are now working again for domains that contain multiple schools. Some schools may have encountered other problems today due to a technical difficulty with Pearson's PowerSchool servers, but Pearson has been working to resolve that issue.

As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or curiosities.

SERVICE DISRUPTION: PowerSchool Integration

At the moment, SIS-integrated student extractions are inoperable for domains consisting of multiple schools and using PowerSchool integration. If a school using PowerSchool integration tries to load students, the data loader will show that no new or changed students could be found.

We believe that we have found the cause of this problem, and we are working to fix it as soon as possible. Until then, our team can help load student data in particularly urgent circumstance. If you would like us to help you load students, simply let us know.

Monday, 17 August 2015

Release Notes - August 17, 2015

Bug Fixes

Improved text search

When a teacher opened Dashboard’s file search tool and moved the mouse towards the "Title search" and "Full text search" options, the tool often closed unexpectedly. We’ve rearranged the search tool so that teachers only have to move the mouse horizontally to change the setting, making the tool much less likely to close unexpected

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Release Notes - August 10, 2015

Bug Fixes

"Error: Bad Request" when opening document
If a user was logged into multiple Google Apps accounts at once, clicking a document in Hapara Dashboard would lead to get a Bad Request error. (“Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.") This issue has been resolved.

Mysterious student load errors from duplicate classes

If a student spreadsheet or CSV file listed a class twice for a single student, the data loader displayed a mysterious error when the file was loaded. The data loader is now much less mysterious in this regard.

Monday, 10 August 2015

Workspace Release Notes - August 10, 2015

What's New in Workspace

  • If a teacher creates an evidence card and does not add an attachment or a link, learners can add evidence to the card. This means a teacher can give learners instruction and allow learners to attach their own evidence of learning in whatever format is needed and then submit.
  • The Activity Summary page now has a panel that shows learner activity for a given Workspace. You can see which learners are active, which are inactive, and which learners have never accessed the Workspace.
  • All cards can now be deleted by teachers (whether created by a teacher or a learner), even if work has started on evidence.

Bug Fixes and Other Changes

  • Learners were accidentally clicking submit when trying to open documents on Evidence cards. To remedy this, we have added extra space between the document link and the submit button. We have also added a confirmation step before submitting.
  • When adding a card to a Workspace we now show the whole card instead of waiting for a title to be added. This means you can see all available fields when creating a card.
  • Attachments did not show on evidence cards until the card was saved. This has been fixed.
  • Adding a link to a card without adding anything into the link field caused errors. Now the form is disabled until a link is added.
  • The Activity Summary page panels have been tidied up and now show the first 10 items with a scrollbar to see the rest. This neatens the page up and allow you to see all panels on one screen.
  • A bug made the Activity Summary page fail to update. This has been fixed.
  • Long learner email addresses were breaking over multiple lines, causing the left-hand column to break. This has been fixed.
  • Workspace did not display well in Safari. We spent time making changes so that Safari users have the same experience of Workspace as Chrome users.
  • When deleting a rubric card, some users received an error message. This has been fixed.
  • Some customers were seeing last year's classes in Workspace instead of the current year’s classes. This has been fixed.
  • Hapara Dashboard was showing more learners in a class than Workspace did. Workspace now shows the same classes and learners as Dashboard.
  • Errors occurred when our system listed multiple roles for a user but one was empty. This has been fixed.
  • Changes have been made to speed up the time it takes to load the classes drop-down list when creating a Workspace.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Release Notes - August 4, 2015

Bug Fixes

Super-admin access to Workspace
Previously, domain super-admins needed to be members of the td.users group to access Workspace. That membership in td.users is no longer necessary.

Measuring performance in Hapara Dashboard
We added instrumentation to Hapara Dashboard to measure performance. Users won’t see any immediate impact as a result, but this will help us make Dashboard even faster and more reliable.