- SmartShare can copy/share up to 5 documents at once. This was the most-requested feature from teacher feedback.
- SmartShare lets you copy/share to multiple classes at once (“I want all my English students to get this rubric”). This was the second-most-requested feature.
- We’ve added a progress bar so you can see how your SmartShare is going.
- Students can belong to multiple groups. (As a consequence, “sort students by group” doesn’t make sense when the students are in multiple groups, so that option has been removed)
- Drive, Interact, Portfolio, Sites, Sharing, Class Info are all in this new interface.
- Major functional areas yet to be added: Picasa, G+, Teacher Notes, Calendars, Blogger, Audits, Top Link.
- We’ve improved the startup and display times from the closed beta period, but there’s more work to do here.
- Schools where students are in multiple domains cannot use the new Teacher Dashboard yet.
- French translation is incomplete.
- Mobile support is incomplete (in particular, Google’s file picker does not work well on very small devices).
- Safari users cannot change the order in which students are displayed.
- Some content may not load if user is logged into multiple accounts and their teacher account is not the most recent login.
- SmartShare reliability and performance have been improved.